Place of origin of her work
Hildegard von Bingen left her home monastery on the Disibodenberg between 1147-1151 and founded her first monastery on the Rupertsberg on the Nahe. Unfortunately, it no longer exists today. The few remains of the monastery ruins were integrated into a new building. Six pillars of the southern nave wall of the monastery church have been preserved in Haus Rupertsberg and were restored and exposed in 1976. Today, a richly decorated portal of the monastery from the late 15th century, whose original location is unknown, serves as the eastern cellar entrance to the house. A reconstruction model of the entire monastery complex can be seen in the Historical Museum am Strom - Hildegard von Bingen.