Amt für Touristik, Veranstaltungsmanagement und Städtepartnerschaften
55411 Bingen am Rhein
Phone: 06721 184-205 / -206
Fax: 06721 184-214
Hildegard-Vault at the Rupertsberg
Between 1147 and 1151, Hildegard of Bingen left her home convent on the Disibodenberg and founded her first convent on the Rupertsberg at the River Nahe. Six pillars at the southern wall of the central nave in the convent church in the Rupertsberg Building have been preserved and restored and made accessible to the public in 1976.
The eastern cellar entrance of the building is a richly ornamented portal of the monastery from the late 15th century, whose original location is not known. Several historical vaults have also been preserved.
Sunday from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.